2-3 pound chicken breast shredded
3 garlic cloves minced with cilantro
5 dried guajillo peppers
2 dried ancho peppers
1 tsp powdered chipotle pepper
1 large onion chopped
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
1/2 cup white vinegar
1 can pineapple chunks, save the juice
1 tbs ground cumin
1 tbs oregano
1 tsp ground cloves
Salt and pepper as desired
- Grill or bake the chicken with olive oil, salt and pepper and later shred it when it gets cool.
- Soak the dried peppers (guajillo and ancho) in hot water until they get soft. Once they are soft, remove the veins and seeds.
- In a food processor or blender, blend together the guajillo, ancho, and chipotle peppers, as well 3/4 of the chopped onion, diced tomatoes, cumin, ground cloves, and oregano.
- Put the blended chile mixture in a bowl and add the pineapple juice from the can and 1/2 cup vinegar.
- Add the chicken and let marinate in the sauce for about a 1 hour to let the flavor seep into the chicken.
- In a large pan heat up some olive oil, the remaining chopped onion, and the pineapple chunks.
- Now stir in the shredded chicken with the sauce. Cook on a medium flame letting all the ingredients stew together.
- When the sauce begins to evaporate and you are left with deliciously marinated chicken, you know you are finished.
- Serve in your favorite gluten free tortilla or even over a bed of rice for a tasty meal!