I find that I bake cakes/cupcakes more than any other item. It seems to me that almost everyone likes a good cake, but not always cookies, pies, etc. I am also the go to person for birthday cakes. Rather than make the same cake over and over again, I like to experiment with flavors to keep things interesting. This is how I came up with the cinnamon roll cupcake idea. I used by trusty Vegan GF cupcake base, then added cinnamon. Super easy! I also used vanilla icing and candied pecans as a garnish. My favorite aspect of this recipe is that it uses Vegenaise (or mayo) instead of eggs and oil. It makes the batter smoother and the cake much more moist and fluffy.
- 2 c GF All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c sugar, granulated
- 1 c water
- 1/2 c Veganaise or Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbl Vanilla Bean Paste or Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbl Cinnamon
- 1. Mix together dry ingredients
- 2. Mix in wet ingredients.
- 3. Scoop into prepared cupcake tin.
- 4. Bake 12-15 minutes at 350ºF.